[pim] FW: New Version Notification for draft-liu-pim-mofrr-tilfa-06.txt

Yisong Liu <liuyisong@chinamobile.com> Thu, 23 June 2022 01:44 UTC

From: Yisong Liu <liuyisong@chinamobile.com>
To: pim@ietf.org
Cc: draft-liu-pim-mofrr-tilfa@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 09:44:47 +0800
Subject: [pim] FW: New Version Notification for draft-liu-pim-mofrr-tilfa-06.txt

Hi All,

  We posted a new version 06 of draft-liu-pim-mofrr-tilfa. This draft has been presented in IETF113 and describes how to use PIM RPF vector in RFC 5496 or explicit RPF vector in RFC 7891 to select the secondary multicast next hop along the SR path of TILFA. So MoFRR for PIM can run in any network topology by using the mechanism of this draft. It can enhance the reliability of PIM protocol running in SR network.
  In this draft, the SR path based TILFA provides reference information for PIM to establish a backup multicast tree and the information was carried in the PIM join packet with the RPF vector parameters, but the multicast traffic will not enter the SR path for forwarding and still forward according to the multicast tree established by PIM.
  This time we updated the draft for describing why MoFRR for PIM with LFA or RLFA mechanisms cannot work well for all network topologies and added an example for illustration in section 2.
  We're very appreciated if you can give more comments for this draft.

Best Regards
Yisong