Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-gaap-15.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2026 14:54:35 -0700
List-Id: Protocol Independent Multicast <pim.ietf.org>

Internet-Draft draft-ietf-pim-gaap-15.txt is now available. It is a work item
of the Protocols for IP Multicast (PIM) WG of the IETF.

   Title:   Group Address Allocation Protocol (GAAP)
   Authors: Dino Farinacci
            Mike McBride
   Name:    draft-ietf-pim-gaap-15.txt
   Pages:   20
   Dates:   2026-04-18

Abstract:

   This document describes a design for a lightweight decentralized
   multicast group address allocation protocol (named GAAP and
   pronounced "gap" as in "mind the gap").  The protocol requires no
   configuration setup and no centralized services.  The protocol runs
   among group participants which need a unique group address to send
   and receive multicast packets.  Tailored for IPv4 and IPv6 networks,
   this design offers a simple, lightweight option rather than extending
   an existing protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-gaap/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-gaap-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-gaap-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts