Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-sr-p2mp-policy-13.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2025 11:11:28 -0700
List-Id: Protocol Independent Multicast <pim.ietf.org>

Internet-Draft draft-ietf-pim-sr-p2mp-policy-13.txt is now available. It is a
work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast (PIM) WG of the IETF.

   Title:   Segment Routing Point-to-Multipoint Policy
   Authors: Rishabh Parekh (editor)
            Daniel Voyer (editor)
            Clarence Filsfils
            Hooman Bidgoli
            Zhaohui Zhang
   Name:    draft-ietf-pim-sr-p2mp-policy-13.txt
   Pages:   22
   Dates:   2025-07-07

Abstract:

   Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) policy enables creation of P2MP trees for
   efficient multi-point packet delivery in a Segment Routing (SR)
   domain.  A SR P2MP Policy consists of Candidate Paths (CP) which
   define the topology of P2MP tree instances in each Candidate Path.  A
   P2MP tree instance is instantiated by a set of Replication segments.

   This document specifies the architecture, signaling, and procedures
   for SR P2MP Policies within Segment Routing over MPLS (SR-MPLS) and
   Segment Routing over IPv6 (SRv6) dataplane.  It defines the P2MP
   Policy construct, the roles of the root and leaf nodes, Candidate
   Paths and and how P2MP trees using Replication Segments are
   instantiated and maintained.  Additionally, it describes the required
   extensions for a controller to support P2MP path computation and
   provisioning.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-sr-p2mp-policy/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-sr-p2mp-policy-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-sr-p2mp-policy-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts