[pim] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang-15: (with COMMENT)

Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 06 July 2020 16:13 UTC

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang@ietf.org, pim-chairs@ietf.org, pim@ietf.org, Stig Venaas <stig@venaas.com>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, stig@venaas.com
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 09:13:16 -0700
Subject: [pim] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang-15: (with COMMENT)

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang-15: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang/

COMMENT:

** It caught me by surprise for a standards track document not to use RFC2119
words in a normative way

** Section 2.2.  Per “On the other hand, operational state parameters are not
so widely designated as features …”, I didn’t follow the intent of this
paragraph.  I’m not sure what it means to designate a operational state
parameter.

** Section 5.  It would be worth noting that devices that use this YANG model
should heed the Security Considerations in Section 6 of RFC4541.

** Section 5.  Per “If unauthorized action is invoked, the IGMP and MLD
Snooping group tables will be cleared unexpectedly”, could the impact of this
table flush please be explicitly stated.

** Editorial

-- Section 2.  Editorial. s/to avoid bandwidth waste/to avoid wasting bandwidth/
-- Section 5.  Editorial.  The sentence “Some of the actions in this YANG
module may be considered sensitive or vulnerable in some network environments.
“ appears to be included twice.  It’s only needed once.