Re: [pim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-08.txt> (A YANG DataModel for Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP)) to Proposed Standard

<zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn> Fri, 24 January 2020 01:27 UTC

Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 09:27:27 +0800
From: zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn
To: ietfid@btconnect.com
Cc: ietf-announce@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org, pim-chairs@ietf.org, pim@ietf.org, draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [pim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-08.txt> (A YANG DataModel for Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP)) to Proposed Standard

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for your review!

Please review the newest 12 version.

Thank you very much! :-)

Best regards,

Sandy

原始邮件

发件人:tompetch <ietfid@btconnect.com>
收件人:IETF-Announce <ietf-announce@ietf.org>;last-call@ietf.org <last-call@ietf.org>;
抄送人:pim-chairs@ietf.org <pim-chairs@ietf.org>;pim@ietf.org <pim@ietf.org>;draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang@ietf.org <draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang@ietf.org>;
日 期 :2020年01月23日 00:21
主 题 :Re: [pim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-08.txt> (A YANG DataModel for Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP)) to Proposed Standard

RFC8349 says that a new identity MUST be defined for a new control plane protocol - I see no such definition here

RFC8349 says that augments should be to control-plane-protocols/control-plane-protocol as is seen in the OSPF and the other LSR YANG modules; here I see an augment to control-plane-protocols which seems wrong to me

many features but no idea where to look them up - I think every YANG feature needs a YANG reference to an I-D/RFC

I find a list of features and references in the body of an I-D valuable

YANG modules must be plain text; [3618] in the module description does not look like plain text. Other references e.g. RFC8177 look ok although some have a space in them and some do not

leaf tcp-connection-source says that ipv4 must be enabled but the when statement does not test for enabled, just for configured

rpc clear peer clears everything if there is no address - this is fail danger, a specific value for clear all would IMHO be better engineering

XXXX is likely to mean this I-D/RFC but I always like to see a specific direction to the RFC Editor to that effect, just the once, somewhere near the front.

In the same vein, a direction to replace the dates with date of publication  would not go amiss

Tom Petch