Subject: [pim] Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-12.txt
From: "Hooman Bidgoli (Nokia)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Gunter van de Velde (Nokia)" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2025 13:38:20 +0000
List-Id: Protocol Independent Multicast <pim.ietf.org>

Hi Gunter

Thanks for catching this and my apologies to Dan.

Indeed I massed up the XML when I changed Dan affiliation.

Will upload version 13

Thanks
Hooman

-----Original Message-----
From: Gunter van de Velde (Nokia) <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2025 7:27 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Hooman Bidgoli (Nokia) <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-12.txt

Hi Authors,

Please find this sanity check. I saw that the Dan was removed as author in the -12 update. Was that intended?
(I know his affiliation changed recently and maybe that caused confusion?)

G/

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2025 6:24 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-12.txt

CAUTION: This is an external email. Please be very careful when clicking links or opening attachments. See the URL nok.it/ext for additional information.

Internet-Draft draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-12.txt is now available. It is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast (PIM) WG of the IETF.

   Title:   P2MP Policy Ping
   Authors: Hooman Bidgoli
            Zafar
            Zhaohui Zhang
            Anuj Budhiraja
   Name:    draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-12.txt
   Pages:   10
   Dates:   2025-07-28

Abstract:

   Segment Routing Point-to-Multipoint (SR-P2MP) Policies are used to
   define and manage explicit P2MP paths within a network.  These
   policies are typically calculated via a controller-based mechanisms
   and installed via a Path Computation Element (PCE).  In other cases
   these policies can be installed manually via YANG models or CLI.
   They are used to steer multicast traffic along optimized paths from a
   Root to a set of Leaf routers.

   This document defines extensions to Ping and Traceroute mechanisms
   for SR-P2MP Policy with MPLS encapsulation to provide OAM
   (Operations, Administration, and Maintenance) capabilities.  The
   proposed extensions enable operators to verify connectivity, diagnose
   failures and troubleshoot forwarding issues within P2MP Policy
   multicast trees.

   By introducing new mechanisms for detecting failures and validating
   path integrity, this document enhances the operational robustness of
   P2MP multicast deployments.  Additionally, it ensures that existing
   MPLS and SR-based OAM tools can be effectively applied to networks
   utilizing P2MP Policies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list -- [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email-masked]