Subject: [pim] Deb Cooley's No Objection on draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-16: (with COMMENT)
From: Deb Cooley via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
To: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2025 11:40:35 -0700
List-Id: Protocol Independent Multicast <pim.ietf.org>

Deb Cooley has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/ 
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-p2mp-policy-ping/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Wes Hardaker for their secdir review.

I found the referenced security considerations in RFC 8029 to be quite good. 
In fact, it discusses rate limiting to avoid DOS attacks. [Note:  I wasn't
going to send this ballot to the list, but it might help w/ one of the
discusses]