[pim] RE: some doubts about draft-ietf-pim-mib-v2-09 and draft-ietf-pim-bsr-mib-01

"David McWalter" <DMcW@dataconnection.com> Mon, 05 March 2007 14:38 UTC

Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:34:35 -0000
From: David McWalter <DMcW@dataconnection.com>
To: LuanHaiYan <luanhy79@126.com>, pim@ietf.org
Cc: bharat_joshi@infosys.com, ietf-web@ietf.org
Subject: [pim] RE: some doubts about draft-ietf-pim-mib-v2-09 and draft-ietf-pim-bsr-mib-01

Greetings.

The PIM WG owns these drafts, so I think these questions belong on the list pim@ietf.org.

1.  I don't think it's usual to add router instance information to protocol MIBs.  I'm no VPN expert, so you might like to check this draft for some suggestions.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-vr-mib-04.txt

2. Yes, this is inconsistent.  I believe a different E-BSR can be selected per address type as well as per-zone, so not-accessible seems correct.  I think the fix is to add AddressType to the index of pimBsrElectedBSRTable.  Right, Bharat?

Regards,
David McWalter.