Re: Use of dnQualifier must be settled

Russ Housley <housley@spyrus.com> Tue, 16 November 1999 20:06 UTC

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:57:43 -0500
To: Stefan Santesson <stefan@accurata.se>
From: Russ Housley <housley@spyrus.com>
Subject: Re: Use of dnQualifier must be settled
Cc: ietf-pkix@imc.org, Sean Turner <turners@ieca.com>, "Manger, James" <JManger@vtrlmel1.telstra.com.au>, "Kesterson, Hoyt" <Hoyt.Kesterson@bull.com>, "David P. Kemp" <dpkemp@missi.ncsc.mil>, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren@jaybis.com>, "Ella P. Gardner" <egardner@mitre.org>, 'wford' <wford@verisign.com>, 'wpolk' <wpolk@nist.gov>, "'david.solo@citicorp.com'" <david.solo@citicorp.com>, 'Magnus Nystr�m' <magnus@rsasecurity.com>

Interpretation 1 cannot be correct.  The DIT can be reallocated among DSAs,
and this would result in name changes.  For example: assume that c=XX,
O=Acme was handled by one DSA, but the organization grew so that a second
DSA was added.  The new partition might be so that all of c=XX, o=Acme,
ou=Sales was moved to the new DSA.  I would hope that this adjustment would
nt cause any names to change.

Russ