RE: Logotypes in certificates

Stefan Santesson <stefan@accurata.se> Sun, 18 March 2001 00:01 UTC

Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 01:01:09 +0100
To: David Cross <dcross@microsoft.com>, Michael Zolotarev <michael.zolotarev@baltimore.com>, ietf-pkix@imc.org
From: Stefan Santesson <stefan@accurata.se>
Subject: RE: Logotypes in certificates

Well,

I didn't really suggest inclusion in son of rfc 2459. It was mora like a
question.

Personally I think it could be done in it's own document and maybe merged
later into others.

I have negative feelings about the approach to just point to a signed logo,
but lets discuss it openly.

I think I would like to have the logotype signed by the certificate and I
suggest that you should not be allowed to update or change any information
signed and identified by a certificate. If you have an physical ID-card,
any logotypes are fixed. The present logotypes reflects the logotypes valid
at the time of issuance.

/Stefan