RE: Kerberos name constraints I-D

"Paul Rabinovich" <Paul.Rabinovich@exostar.com> Mon, 24 September 2007 20:30 UTC

Subject: RE: Kerberos name constraints I-D
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:17:50 -0400
From: Paul Rabinovich <Paul.Rabinovich@exostar.com>
To: Stefan Santesson <stefans@microsoft.com>, ietf-pkix@vpnc.org
Sender: owner-ietf-pkix@mail.imc.org

	Stefan,

	Now I see where misunderstanding may have come from. The quoted
text from Section 4 tries to convey that a relying party will realize
that the name constraint is an "exact full name constraint" if it sees
(*in the name constraint*) a non-empty SEQUENCE (i.e., if the SEQUENCE
*in the name constraint* is empty, it's a realm-name match). I will
correct the wording in the next version.

	Cheers,
	PR

Paul Rabinovich | Software Architect | EXOSTAR LLC
13530 Dulles Technology Dr., Suite 200, Herndon, VA 20171

PH +1.703.793.7808 | FAX +1.703.793.7741