Re: [pkix] Amendment to CABF Baseline Requirements

"Erik Andersen" <era@x500.eu> Fri, 07 April 2017 08:11 UTC

From: Erik Andersen <era@x500.eu>
To: 'Russ Housley' <housley@vigilsec.com>, 'Ben Wilson' <ben.wilson@digicert.com>
Cc: 'IETF PKIX' <pkix@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:11:06 +0200
Subject: Re: [pkix] Amendment to CABF Baseline Requirements

Hi Russ,

We have not changed upper bounds. I just checked the second edition (1993). It has 64 octets in both cases. RFC 5280 must have made a copy mistake.

We removed upper bounds from the directory specifications to be compatible with LDAP that does not have upper bounds. Either we are compatible with LDAP or with RFC 5280, but with both is not possible.

Erik