Re: [pkix] New draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2560bis-06

Denis Pinkas <denis.pinkas@bull.net> Mon, 22 October 2012 14:53 UTC

Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:52:53 +0200
From: Denis Pinkas <denis.pinkas@bull.net>
To: Simon Tardell <simon@tardell.se>
Cc: pkix@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [pkix] New draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2560bis-06

Simon,

You said:

"revocationReason must be certificateHold, since, in principle, the
certificate may be issued at a later point in time".

I don't believe this is appropriate. If you have certificateHold then
the OCSP client may make other calls later on
to check if the suspension state has finished or not.

The less controversial revocationReason is "unspecified".Let us go for
"unspecified".

Denis