Re: [pkng] Where to go? What to do?

Massimiliano Pala <Massimiliano.Pala@Dartmouth.edu> Fri, 01 October 2010 19:40 UTC

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:43:38 -0400
From: Massimiliano Pala <Massimiliano.Pala@Dartmouth.edu>
To: pkng@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [pkng] Where to go? What to do?

Hello Stephen,

I totally understand your position, and I partially agree. There's a lot
of interest in the keyassure possible WG, but I think the two are actually
complementary.

The possibility of distributing contents via the DNS is orthogonal to the
issues with PKIs: managing the infrastructures, have the interaction between
infrastructures and clients easier, allowing for easy discovery of federated
PKIs and their services, etc.

These are just examples of the issues we face today and there are a lot more
when considering the usage of PKIs in the "Internet of Things".

Bottom Line: the two groups shall have a collaborative approach rather than
a mutually exclusive one :D

Anyhow, I share with you the lack of spare cycles - at least on my side. I
have a lot of good (well, at least I think they are good) ideas to provide
support for Internet PKIs (and Federated identities).

My (good) ideas in my next post.

Later,
Max