Re: [plasma] Plasma Document Updates

Ed Simon <Ed.Simon@titus.com> Fri, 07 December 2012 02:27 UTC

From: Ed Simon <Ed.Simon@titus.com>
To: Jim Schaad <jimsch@augustcellars.com>, "plasma@ietf.org" <plasma@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 02:27:26 +0000
x-originating-ip: [192.168.200.2]
Subject: Re: [plasma] Plasma Document Updates

Thanks Jim,

1. I agree about switching from <WS-Token> to <RoleToken>.

2. I agree with OctetString to accommodate compressed XML (e.g. EXI).

3. Re combining algorithms, my opinion is that we should use the full XACML combining algorithm identifiers and, of course, clients would provide friendly names/interfaces (e.g. "AND" instead of "urn:oasis:xacml:...:deny-overrides"). Re which combining algorithms are supported, could PLASMA
 * for at least v1, define a limited set (just "AND" and "OR"); or
 * require all mandatory XACML-specified combining algorithms.

4. Re specifying policy options, maybe borrowing the XACML <Target> element would be sensible; would not PLASMA policy options basically equivalent to AND'ing a GetCMSToken <PolicySet>/<Policy>/<Target> with the server's <PolicySet>/<Policy>/<Target>? (Not that the server's policy engine has to be XACML, but even in other policy languages, the "AND'ing of targets" concept would still apply.)

Ed