[Plus] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-trammell-plus-spec-01.txt

Mirja Kühlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@tik.ee.ethz.ch> Mon, 20 March 2017 10:31 UTC

From: Mirja Kühlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@tik.ee.ethz.ch>
To: plus@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:31:07 +0100
Subject: [Plus] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-trammell-plus-spec-01.txt

Hi all,

we submitted, last week already, a new version of the plus spec draft. We now added the extended header format which makes the protocol header descriptions complete. There are still a couple of todos, mostly related to the use and interoperation with the crypto scheme as well as information elements for the use with the extended header. Related to the first point there is also a new, very initial draft (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-crypto-sep/) that is proposing a complete separation of connections for encryption negotiation and the actual data transmission. That mostly is the assumption we already made for the plus design enabling encryption of the upper layer transport from the first packet.

We are experimenting with this protocol design for measurement use cases that would allow operator transport-independent basic measurement while exposing a minimum of information. Of course the extended header can also cover other use cases. If you have feedback or input, please let us know!

Mirja and Brian