Re: [pm-dir] request for an RFC 6390 review of https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-video-lc-01.txt

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Wed, 09 September 2015 01:24 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: "pm-dir@ietf.org" <pm-dir@ietf.org>, "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>, "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <acmorton@att.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 01:23:52 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.138.41.180]
Cc: "Huangyihong (Rachel)" <rachel.huang@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [pm-dir] request for an RFC 6390 review of https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-video-lc-01.txt

FYI.
-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Qin Wu
发送时间: 2015年8月17日 10:22
收件人: 'Vinayak Hegde'; MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)
抄送: shida@ntt-at.com; Romascanu, Dan (Dan); pm-dir@ietf.org; Benoit Claise (bclaise@cisco.com); alissa@cooperw.in

Your comments look good, Agree with your opinion.
here are a few additional comments:
1. Abstract
What are “those” in the abstract? RTCP XR Reporting Block or Block types?
What does "augment" stands for?
Suggest to make the following change
NEW TEXT:
“
This document defines a new RTCP XR Report Block that allows the reporting of concealment metrics for video applications of RTP. This XR report block complete ones defined in RFC[7294].
”
2.Section 4, 1st paragraph, last sentence What is “consistent point”? remove it?

3.Section 4, definition of " Mean Concealed Frame Proportion (MCFP) "
loss concealment (using V)? Suggest to make the following change:
Loss concealment method (depicted as “V” in the definition of “Video Loss Concealment Method Type”) 4. Section 7.3 To get in line with other XR Block related RFC, suggest the following change:
NEW TEXT:
“
   The contact information for the registrations is:

   RAI Area Directors

   rai-ads@tools.ietf.org
”
5. Appendix A:
s/incorporated into/applied to
What does “V” stand for? Please specify it clearly without dependency on the figure in this document, suggest the following change:
s/V/ Video Loss Concealment Method Type
6.Appendix A,bullet e:
"
      The concealed
      proportion of each video frame is obtained by dividing the number
      of concealed macroblocks from this video frame by the total
      macroblock number of the video frame, which is equivalent to
      taking the integer part after multiplying the fraction by 256.
"
Suggest the following change:
OLD TEXT:
"
which is equivalent to
taking the integer part after multiplying the fraction by 256 "
NEW TEXT:
"
multiplying the result of the division by 256, limiting the maximum value to 255 (to avoid overflow), and taking the integer part.
"

-Qin