Agenda Poised95 Los Angeles meeting

"Erik Huizer (SURFnet ExpertiseCentrum bv)" <Erik.Huizer@sec.nl> Wed, 28 February 1996 21:44 UTC

To: poised@tis.com
Cc: ietf@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: Agenda Poised95 Los Angeles meeting
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:39:59 +0100
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Erik Huizer (SURFnet ExpertiseCentrum bv)" <Erik.Huizer@sec.nl>
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Agenda Poised95 meeting Los Angeles

Monday March 4, 1300-1500
Tuesday March 5, 1530-1730

1. Nomcom.
   Since no comments have been received on the
   draft-ietf-poised95-nomcom-03.txt
   except for the single issue on the prohibition on resigning members
   being reappointed. Discussion will be limited to this single issue.
   Expected result: rewording for this issue, and decision to
   forward document (with this change) to iesg, iab and isoc-trustees

2. Standards proces.
   Since the release of
   draft-ietf-poised95-std-proc-3-04.txt
   there have been a couple of comments on specific issues, mostly due
   to the practice of the current appeal that the iab is handling.

   Most issues seem uncontroversial except for BCP.

   Bill Simpson has a suggestion for a change in the document that
   relates to the BCP discussion. Bill will get an opportunity to
   present this.

   Expected results:
   - finishing touch on issues raised on the list
   - discussion on BCP, inclusing Bill's proposal. Conclusion should
     be either:
     1. there is a concensus on a relatively simple change to the draft
     or
     2. there is no concensus, (or rough concensus on a complex change
        to the draft). In which case the change is deferred to
        Poised96. And the draft will go ahead without change.
   - Discussion on expected upcoming issues from the appeal the iab is
     currently handling. I suggest we ask the iab to come up with
     suggestions for additions by friday morning of the IETF week.
     if they are simple, they will be worked into the draft. If not
     they will be deferred to Poised96.
   - Issues that have not been brought forward on the list. And
   - Issues on which we already reached closure, will not be discussed.

3 Organizations in IETF
   We will discuss the draft-ietf-poised95-ietf-orgs-00.txt
   Expected result: clear directions on improvements to the document.
   new version within twop weeks after LA, with WG last call.

4 Where do we go from here
  My proposal:
  Last version of stds and orgs document out before march 21. WG last
  call (14 days). And then hopefully all three docs (incl. Nomcom) will
   go to iesg, iab and isoc-trustees.

  No serious comments were recieved on draft-ietf-poised95-isoc-01.txt
  I conclude therefore that this draft served its purpose, that is to
  confirm the concensus on this issue within the IETF. The draft will
  not be discussed, nor updated, nor published as RFC.

5 Where will we go after that?
  A discussion (BOF if you like) on issues for POISED96.
  Expected result: Charter for Poised96.

------
Erik