Re: [port-srv-reg] Peter Saint-Andre's Discuss on draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-29: (withDISCUSS and COMMENT)

Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> Thu, 22 September 2011 16:12 UTC

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:14:30 -0600
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
To: "Korhonen, Jouni (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <jouni.korhonen@nsn.com>
Cc: draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis@tools.ietf.org, "port-srv-reg@ietf.org" <port-srv-reg@ietf.org>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, dime-chairs@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [port-srv-reg] Peter Saint-Andre's Discuss on draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-29: (withDISCUSS and COMMENT)

[Adding port-srv-reg@ietf.org for expert insight...]

Context for the ports and services folks:

During IESG review of draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-29, I discovered that
this specification appears to be using 'tls' and 'dtls' as SRV Proto
values (and that it does not add 'diameter' to the ports and services
registry). This strikes me as problematic, but feedback from your team
would be helpful.

Thanks!

<snip/>