Re: [ppsp] PPSP WG Update

zhangyunfei <zhangyunfei@chinamobile.com> Fri, 15 June 2012 03:24 UTC

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:24:44 +0800
From: zhangyunfei <zhangyunfei@chinamobile.com>
To: Picconi Fabio <Fabio.Picconi@technicolor.com>, ppsp <ppsp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [ppsp] PPSP WG Update

I agree with the selection of updating the chunk availability in an accumulated way. It's a reasonable choice even in a live streaming scenario because an unplayable chunk addition in the receiver is not useful for the viewer to watch more video.  Therefore an aggregation of some chunks information without  affecting the viewing is best.
In fact, the current systems usually use a periodical exchange mechanism( say, several seconds or more).

Yunfei

zhangyunfei