[ppsp] Problem Statement and Requirements Drafts

Martin Stiemerling <Martin.Stiemerling@neclab.eu> Mon, 16 January 2012 13:09 UTC

From: Martin Stiemerling <Martin.Stiemerling@neclab.eu>
To: "ppsp@ietf.org" <ppsp@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:08:59 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.1.1.135]
Subject: [ppsp] Problem Statement and Requirements Drafts

Dear all,

The authors of draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement have received a number of comments from the IESG. You can see the comments here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement/ballot/

An important reoccurring question from the members of the IESG is about the scope of the document and if such a document is still needed. The general answer, at least in my opinion, is that such document is need as it writes down the challenges and the environments in which a p2p streaming should operate.

With respect to the requirements document: This has not yet made it to the IESG, but we received some comments that the document is rather small. This is not judging the technical quality.

However, our AD recommended merging the problem statement and requirements documents into a single document, in order to be more comprehensive.

Now the question to the WG:
Are there any objections to merge the problem statement draft and requirements draft into a single document comprising both?
The merged version would also address the comments received for the problem statement during the IESG review.

Please let us know your opinion and comments until January 23rd.

  Martin

martin.stiemerling@neclab.eu

NEC Laboratories Europe - Network Research Division NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014