Re: [ppsp] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement

zhangyunfei <zhangyunfei@chinamobile.com> Thu, 12 July 2012 09:33 UTC

Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:33:57 +0800
From: zhangyunfei <zhangyunfei@chinamobile.com>
To: "'Rui Cruz'" <rui.cruz@ieee.org>, "stefano previdi" <sprevidi@cisco.com>
Cc: 'Rui Cruz' <rui.cruz@ieee.org>, ppsp <ppsp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [ppsp] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement

Hi Rui,
    Thanks for the contribution. I like this use case.
    I happen to think of one similar one: Plug-ins supporting P2P streaming where plug-ins are often used in browser-based environment and with plug-ins http based streaming can be turned into a de facto P2P streaming( For the users and browsers, it's just http based streaming but the plug-ins are equipped with PPSP can actually accelerate the process from multiple sources/peers. In this case the plug-ins are just like the proxy.
   Can we merge them together?

BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei