Re: [privacydir] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-mayer-do-not-track-00.txt

"Chappelle, Kasey, VF-Group" <Kasey.Chappelle@vodafone.com> Tue, 08 March 2011 13:30 UTC

Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 14:31:28 +0100
From: "Chappelle, Kasey, VF-Group" <Kasey.Chappelle@vodafone.com>
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Cc: privacydir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [privacydir] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-mayer-do-not-track-00.txt

Good question - perhaps someone with more technical expertise than I
have can help. But there are lots of reasons why site owners would need
to track their own visitors. Just off the top of my head, where would we
put things like state management? Maintaining shopping carts from page
to page or on subsequent visits, for example, requires you to track a
visitor to your site across pages and sessions.