Re: [privacydir] draft-jdfalk-maawg-cfblbcp

Sean Turner <turners@ieca.com> Wed, 26 October 2011 11:58 UTC

Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:58:48 -0400
From: Sean Turner <turners@ieca.com>
To: Alissa Cooper <acooper@cdt.org>
Cc: privacydir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [privacydir] draft-jdfalk-maawg-cfblbcp

The rest of the story with this draft is that it's just a re-publication
of a MAAWG document.  MAAWG isn't an IETF WG.  It's getting published
without the "This is an IETF consensus document" sentence even though it
went through IETF LC because MAAWG is going to retain change control.
So, if we want to make any change to what's in this particular draft
we'd have to go to MAAWG.  However, when/if an IETF WG refers to this
document (likely a MARF draft) - we'll make them address these concerns.

spt