Return-Path: <sayrer@gmail.com>
X-Original-To: procon@mail2.ietf.org
Delivered-To: procon@mail2.ietf.org
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
	by mail2.ietf.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 077E110B16D63
	for <procon@mail2.ietf.org>; Tue, 30 Jun 2026 12:33:27 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=ietf.org; s=ietf1;
	t=1782848007; bh=yEEdmkUBTqYsgMApUiBIEO5FI0e0n2mBFDe+bjK2jxA=;
	h=From:Date:Subject:To;
	b=J6iZAUa0AAjouZDLYCz9of/nt9OXV4TPUAEAqmKLJ7erU60PuinbWiPJ9eBqh1DFQ
	 8Bss9ddhYzUp9IVpM1dq/FBpCUMIOP5dgJSdjpL0cblAUwnZCiiVUiNmSYpZ6lZcD1
	 4E2q8l3ThQZopXZFA0W/MqCgZHliNygxpW8yvFWY=
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at ietf.org
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -2.098
X-Spam-Level: 
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.098 tagged_above=-999 required=5
	tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1,
	DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_EF=-0.1, FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001,
	HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE=-0.0001, SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001,
	SPF_PASS=-0.001] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Authentication-Results: mail2.ietf.org (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key)
	header.d=gmail.com
Received: from mail2.ietf.org ([166.84.6.31])
	by localhost (mail2.ietf.org [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024)
	with ESMTP id nOYJmGFA294G for <procon@mail2.ietf.org>;
	Tue, 30 Jun 2026 12:33:26 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from mail-pf1-x429.google.com (mail-pf1-x429.google.com
 [IPv6:2607:f8b0:4864:20::429])
	(using TLSv1.3 with cipher TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (128/128 bits)
	 key-exchange X25519 server-signature ECDSA (P-256) server-digest SHA256)
	(No client certificate requested)
	by mail2.ietf.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 981CA10B16D5C
	for <procon@ietf.org>; Tue, 30 Jun 2026 12:33:26 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by mail-pf1-x429.google.com with SMTP id
 d2e1a72fcca58-84783bce476so2265754b3a.0
        for <procon@ietf.org>; Tue, 30 Jun 2026 12:33:26 -0700 (PDT)
ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1782848006; cv=none;
        d=google.com; s=arc-20260327;
        b=L7Eu7PLj9D0z8LyPC4bIpDBVLt97d1w1w406g80pD2Oqv4kz3MAWtggEzbpLPbAc0n
         l9qATtkUN9+ygPmNpRxKD8uZpGFHAg2BBh1OLZIF5cKrmu5Hw9RTjLpYBAygvYgxkt4S
         zC7rr2HUc6rfpRYwGfFuL2+uIqzPe9XKMx0mQ1lFXgkgFnvWwkjj2j8Z3f/Q+rtuzRxL
         NSvwrrf5m+tQA6YsiQ7Rmb7xW7M+PdwnxCwNpPU1f+TG8Ikx4Q+Cb0AQB4xIpPCFEWy6
         uswcCE8zvoj/EzPMkjDntD/xMDK5FranLN6bGsxHLJneh4npPbXDQOwaswGOoPba5bdt
         5CJg==
ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com;
 s=arc-20260327;
        h=to:subject:message-id:date:from:mime-version:dkim-signature;
        bh=yEEdmkUBTqYsgMApUiBIEO5FI0e0n2mBFDe+bjK2jxA=;
        fh=t6Wler4WvAYvmddpV3OmB8V84BqX90vNzja9IFrpamM=;
        b=Bn5HZ4RnrsUMs42aQwvxW+OmbLlFw8e4i9BaJSBB0LuLPDU3Y195nJd0B63rabEMZg
         XGLUL8F2WNZKBET/Sq221ns7mFKDHD88OxrNpc5yJJ+yDaaPtfZXk6tIW1m03SgFMDm7
         OQPSPXXMtN8NT5JZUUJiFIhL8U10KFqvCkKgldlYn7o3gwMSWADWXV0c4/cz+V/+Agbq
         TV2EtwjTbGfz1wT5/3VdKFW4Swkt3qNmHV5/RhE8C14YHKV8jXdinaVuoe0H3CgEkiyg
         f1fguaRVmF7xwP0r0cMLBy0SZ1AC5O3PgU9FGHPns2yNPGrLA2gXuQ1ytJGFyUUZixoJ
         ecJw==;
        darn=ietf.org
ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com; arc=none
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
        d=gmail.com; s=20251104; t=1782848006; x=1783452806; darn=ietf.org;
        h=to:subject:message-id:date:from:mime-version:from:to:cc:subject
         :date:message-id:reply-to;
        bh=yEEdmkUBTqYsgMApUiBIEO5FI0e0n2mBFDe+bjK2jxA=;
        b=SYzwU6Ng8k06PpgabZrEZuhmXYEOp28710aQn3S/2mdnUrULhp4AujODRT9qAZMvkg
         YcGnaZlN5zBnK6ZgqF7XW59x9Qbn7tVizP0/vy5UszHzdI7rSe2NWJBxVcK2DY7HPIeo
         zYNNmrKp4pRSYjGFEOX/U2wOFhA/33yVw3NSwvFAF9BLqrXzQPIAOtiBbx004kW5JLw7
         E49gbERyj5iDpP6L6kVuye0cF6hH2OWncu7G+l47fwWYvzwfrXzcer7dQV+nAbMQcxh7
         xsIyKKaH4bDOV8//A5vxdQV0sYLZXc81fxChSikeDCfdZW/DFplmEG7VRrmk0SGPXGAc
         qCzg==
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
        d=1e100.net; s=20251104; t=1782848006; x=1783452806;
        h=to:subject:message-id:date:from:mime-version:x-gm-gg
         :x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
        bh=yEEdmkUBTqYsgMApUiBIEO5FI0e0n2mBFDe+bjK2jxA=;
        b=Iz4UB0HuGN+7y0ZmK1Ro6tTiaP+dK5uWCDroXTPB9FAR0CrbZs33xC6VpZMDlIuZ50
         yarwVfWeslLv/TiEM20EtsQ405eKguow+PlHBkEC+FxXx6HZ3rBRuyqwyuZK4zi/ClyK
         BJkwmcvS9BwFGBVNK16RQDk4l9mmwjb8sWPKgHGAQgI0lff/0d4kYQEVKq0MOzHAK6pC
         rasrrYzc3sFc+6isrgyYiQ7ALox3TrUAZG32SEpJylExjsBXK6TRZWw86ZKLWRXudO6V
         gjIWzsvlcfncQ1OW85f0VJ7B1pOQujwPuCJ1vZZ3cBzFcdZT8G2KjdHZ6fPFUwOQsM7c
         58Mw==
X-Gm-Message-State: AOJu0YxBgLte6M0fVvRdjdEKAsyPYRm9DFfxEMzmWYLC8Acg5GRr1xfq
	HLQip2ciXBC0emsFRgFXYvtkd0Ce65cT2pPZWCvlXdwOwwXXWDjhfvD1Ch8Z48cJGdhJd9VAfNh
	00vd+iowaROVRfGR6PWrHhi39czoBhAOlM89f
X-Gm-Gg: AfdE7cmg1kQSOMDhyypem4OZ8o2/kvi40R/OcoG+XyJVjepphoWVmOhHpbDWIkpuvXT
	/TWwdiKKGGf9/zrINARMY+X1v86GQFIXNMMlb9jz3Xljwfixef+hEVP4QfAQPEOiL9GmtIx9wmG
	9oUHjt4N3ma8FEGWTBl/3FlxAQif+nhDcvo70DKfjUbvQ5jS0qUC1vB6MthkphzsW9spJIUiqVx
	l7oMKcR8f216ucpgmFH+BwFhPmVAlFn5A1eAMLWR1Zri9V6UX49m/lSEAl92Fwg6R4+RAX6eJsr
	pjMA25JfKu1cxe+/twUF60c/NiQfaA==
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6a00:1d09:b0:847:8b1d:230d with SMTP id
 d2e1a72fcca58-847add72927mr1793150b3a.3.1782848005439; Tue, 30 Jun 2026
 12:33:25 -0700 (PDT)
MIME-Version: 1.0
From: Rob Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2026 12:33:14 -0700
X-Gm-Features: AVVi8Cf13Jij96D-emahCBwFgoV1-Es3WkNIQzPAkH5hlk4WM1Ohk3Pq0XdCMsQ
Message-ID: 
 <CAChr6Syh50HDJAd4bhnp0JunYfTtxV5A-UbrX=1Dyb2v_BauJw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Process Enthusiasts <procon@ietf.org>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0000000000000d834206557da6d0"
Message-ID-Hash: DMZ26OWHIPRVZ666H47HLWM3L4G5HNJX
X-Message-ID-Hash: DMZ26OWHIPRVZ666H47HLWM3L4G5HNJX
X-MailFrom: sayrer@gmail.com
X-Mailman-Rule-Misses: dmarc-mitigation; no-senders; approved; emergency;
 loop; banned-address; member-moderation; nonmember-moderation; administrivia;
 implicit-dest; max-recipients; max-size; news-moderation; no-subject;
 digests; suspicious-header
X-Mailman-Version: 3.3.9rc6
Precedence: list
Subject: =?utf-8?q?=5Bprocon=5D_Re=3A_I-D_Action=3A_draft-eggert-procon-chair-delegat?=
	=?utf-8?q?e-02=2Etxt?=
List-Id: "Discussion of consolidating process documents and changes to the
 standards process per IETF 121 ALLDISPATCH." <procon.ietf.org>
Archived-At: 
 <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/procon/AASqQ678apuPQCWp81DkGxDP4uk>
List-Archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/procon>
List-Help: <mailto:procon-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Owner: <mailto:procon-owner@ietf.org>
List-Post: <mailto:procon@ietf.org>
List-Subscribe: <mailto:procon-join@ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:procon-leave@ietf.org>

--0000000000000d834206557da6d0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Hi,

I agree with the general idea.

I softened it up.

https://github.com/ietf-wg-procon/ietf-chair-may-delegate/pull/31

I'm not attached to any specific text in my PR. But I thought the current
text came across as a bit frantic as written. It's not nuclear codes on Air
Force 1. We do technical specifications that take a long time to go through
the process.

My text makes it calmer, which is important during stressful situations.
Delay is almost always the correct choice if matters are unclear, but it is
important to let the IETF act.

thanks,
Rob

--0000000000000d834206557da6d0
Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi,<div><br></div><div>I agree with the general idea.</div=
><div><br></div><div>I softened it up.</div><div><br></div><div><a href=3D"=
https://github.com/ietf-wg-procon/ietf-chair-may-delegate/pull/31">https://=
github.com/ietf-wg-procon/ietf-chair-may-delegate/pull/31</a></div><div><br=
></div><div>I&#39;m not attached to any specific text in my PR. But I thoug=
ht the=C2=A0current text came across as a bit frantic as written. It&#39;s =
not nuclear codes on Air Force 1. We do technical specifications that take =
a long time to go through the process.</div><div><br></div><div>My text mak=
es it calmer, which is important during stressful situations. Delay is almo=
st always the correct choice if matters are unclear, but it is important to=
 let the IETF act.</div><div><br></div><div>thanks,</div><div>Rob</div><div=
><br></div></div>

--0000000000000d834206557da6d0--

