Subject: [ietf-provreg] WG last call for Guidelines for Extending ...EPP
From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:30:29 +0200

Let this message start a WG last call for comments on the "Guidelines 
for Extending EPP" document.  The URL for the current document is:

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-provreg-epp-ext-02.txt

This document is intended to be forwarded to the IESG as an Informational RFC.

The last call will end on May 27 [1], with the desire to forward the 
document onward by May 30.  So far we haven't seen much discussion on 
this document, so I don't anticipate that there will be a high volume 
of comments.

So - why advance this document and not drop it?

This document was prompted by a number of efforts to extend EPP 
outside of the WG purview.  In many cases, these folks made contact 
with Scott for tips and hints when it was apparent that the extension 
was going awry.  This document was asked for by the WG to give others 
a general path toward extending EPP and to also free up Scott to 
pursue other things - like his normally assigned work. ;)

So, although this document isn't about interoperability per se, it is 
important to the group to capture this knowledge before declaring 
that we have defined a proposed standard version of EPP.

[1] If you want to choose a specific minute - May 28, 1200 UTC.  But 
remember, it's never too late to comment...
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Your office is *not* a reality-based sit-com TV show.