Re: [proxies] New Version Notification for draft-hoeper-proxythreat-02

Stefan Winter <stefan.winter@restena.lu> Tue, 10 March 2009 10:04 UTC

Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:05:00 +0100
From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter@restena.lu>
To: Hoeper Katrin-QWKN37 <khoeper@motorola.com>
Cc: proxies@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [proxies] New Version Notification for draft-hoeper-proxythreat-02

Hi Katrin,

> A new version of the proxy draft has been posted and is available at
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoeper-proxythreat-02.txt.
>
> The new version attempts to address most comments that have been
> previously posted to this list and some of the discussions at IETF 73.
> One major difference is that the new draft describes current practices
> that mitigate some of the identified threats by proxies.

Thanks for your efforts! Interestingly, the stub sections about eduroam
et al. in your draft coincides nicely with Klaas' wish about describing
existing deployments. Of course there is still text missing for those
stubs. As soon as my time permits, I will flesh out the eduroam parts.
Input from others and their current problem mitigation approaches is
most welcome!

> I won't be able to continue as an editor and Stefan Winter agreed to act
> as the new editor of the draft. Stefan will also replace me as the
> moderator of the proxy email list. Thank you Stefan!

Thank you for getting the draft up to this point.

> Please read the new draft and provide your comments or even better
> provide some text to Stefan and become a co-author. Much work remains to
> be done and volunteers are needed, especially if the draft should be
> formed into a "best practices" document.

Amen!

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--