[PSAMP] configuration of hash function in PSAMP

"DUFFIELD, NICHOLAS G (NICK)" <duffield@research.att.com> Fri, 21 November 2008 01:56 UTC

From: "DUFFIELD, NICHOLAS G (NICK)" <duffield@research.att.com>
To: "psamp@ietf.org" <psamp@ietf.org>, Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:56:18 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: [PSAMP] configuration of hash function in PSAMP
Sender: psamp-bounces@ietf.org

Benoit and I started a discussion on how hash function parameters are to be specified in the IPFIX/PSAMP configuration draft, which Juergen suggested we move to the mailing list.

-------

Benoit,

Thanks.

More generally, I think the mapping between SELECTOR_PARAMETERS items in PSAMP-tech, and the corresponding elements in the configuration model, should be unambiguously recorded in the standard.

Possible options: (i) uniformize the names across both drafts, or (ii) have comments in the configuration document that make it clear which item from psamp-tech is referred to.

Nick