Re: [PSAMP] configuration of hash function in PSAMP

Gerhard Muenz <muenz@net.in.tum.de> Fri, 21 November 2008 11:02 UTC

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:02:43 +0100
From: Gerhard Muenz <muenz@net.in.tum.de>
To: "DUFFIELD, NICHOLAS G (NICK)" <duffield@research.att.com>
Cc: "psamp@ietf.org" <psamp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [PSAMP] configuration of hash function in PSAMP
Sender: psamp-bounces@ietf.org

Hi,

Just to make this clear: The PSAMP parameters of the configuration model
are adopted from the PSAMP MIB document. The only difference is the
match filter, where the configuration model uses other parameter names
(ieId instead of fieldId) and allows ieName and enterpriseNumber as
well. Of course, ieName does not make sense the MIB. enterpriseNumber
could be added to the MIB as well.

So, I suggest that you discuss an update of PSAMP MIB. After that, the
changes can be adopted to the configuration draft accordingly.

Regards,
Gerhard

DUFFIELD, NICHOLAS G (NICK) wrote:
> Benoit and I started a discussion on how hash function parameters are to be specified in the IPFIX/PSAMP configuration draft, which Juergen suggested we move to the mailing list.
>
> -------
>

> Benoit,
>
> Thanks.
>
> More generally, I think the mapping between SELECTOR_PARAMETERS items in PSAMP-tech, and the corresponding elements in the configuration model, should be unambiguously recorded in the standard.
>
> Possible options: (i) uniformize the names across both drafts, or (ii) have comments in the configuration document that make it clear which item from psamp-tech is referred to.
>
> Nick

Dipl.-Ing. Gerhard Münz
Chair for Network Architectures and Services (I8)
Department of Informatics
Technische Universität München
Boltzmannstr. 3, 85748 Garching bei München, Germany
Phone:  +49 89 289-18008       Fax: +49 89 289-18033
E-mail: muenz@net.in.tum.de    WWW: http://www.net.in.tum.de/~muenz