[Pso-discuss] RE: What makes a good director? (fwd)

Steve Coya <scoya@ietf.org> Tue, 13 June 2000 18:13 UTC

Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:12:03 -0400
From: Steve Coya <scoya@ietf.org>
To: pso-discuss@pso.icann.org
Subject: [Pso-discuss] RE: What makes a good director? (fwd)
Sender: pso-discuss-admin@pso.icann.org

Response from Phil Davidson

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:26:33 +0100
From: phil.davidson@bt.com
To: scoya@ietf.org
Subject: RE: What makes a good director?

Dear Steve
I have carefully read the reply from Jean-Francois and can support the
points he made. My additional comments are therefore more about the personal
qualities that will require the new Board members to accept the results of
the work the Board has done so far and to work to build, in a collective
way, the positioning and relationships that remain still to be worked out
and established by ICANN.
Good interpersonal skills are always needed in our type of work and the
individual skills of flexibility in approach, strength of opinion, listening
skills and good standing and respect in the internet/telecommunications
community will ensure the new Board member is of value to ICANN.
Of course coming from the Protocol Support Organisation good technical and
logic skills will complement the Board where we already have members with
skills and background of the legal/patent, addressing and domain name
aspects of the Internet.

I hope these ideas will help you put forward good candidates and elect a
well respected individual who has the support of all the PSO Council
members.

Best Regards

Phil

P.J.DAVIDSON