Subject: [PWE3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-19.txt> (Dynamic Placement of Multi-Segment Pseudowires) to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 07:24:06 -0700
List-Id: Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge <pwe3.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
- 'Dynamic Placement of Multi-Segment Pseudowires'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw-19.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   There is a requirement for service providers to be able to extend the
   reach of pseudowires (PW) across multiple Packet Switched Network
   domains. A Multi-Segment PW is defined as a set of two or more
   contiguous PW segments that behave and function as a single point-
   to-point PW. This document describes extensions to the PW control
   protocol to dynamically place the segments of the multi-segment
   pseudowire among a set of Provider Edge (PE) routers. This document
   also updates RFC6073 as follows: it updates the length value of the
   PW Switching Point PE Sub-TLV Type 0x06 to 14.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-dynamic-ms-pw/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2176/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1810/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1885/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/998/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1879/