Re: [Qirg] Measurements in link layer service

Wojciech Kozlowski <W.Kozlowski@tudelft.nl> Wed, 20 November 2019 02:15 UTC

From: Wojciech Kozlowski <W.Kozlowski@tudelft.nl>
To: Axel Dahlberg <E.A.Dahlberg@tudelft.nl>, Gelard Patrick <Patrick.Gelard@cnes.fr>, "qirg@irtf.org" <qirg@irtf.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 02:15:43 +0000
Subject: Re: [Qirg] Measurements in link layer service

Would it not be possible to separate the measurement operation from the link layer entanglement geneartion (at least logically)? Currently you're defining three requests types, create and keep, measure directly, and remote state preparation, but they all differ only in when and where you perform a measurement which is just a standard local operation. So would it not be possible to simply have one request type, create, and if you want to measure directly, the higher layer will have immediately scheduled a measurement operation to follow?