Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Unidirectional Streams (#643)
From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
To: quicwg/base-drafts <[email-masked]>
Cc: Subscribed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 00:24:10 -0700
List-Id: Notification list for GitHub issues related to the QUIC WG <quic-issues.ietf.org>

mikkelfj commented on this pull request.

> -
-### closed {#state-closed}
-
-The "closed" state is the terminal state for a stream.
-
-Once a stream reaches this state, no frames can be sent that mention the stream.
-Reordering might cause frames to be received after closing, see
-{{state-hc-remote}}.
+An endpoint could continue receiving frames for the stream even after the stream
+is closed for sending if packets are reordered.  At the receiving endpoint,
+retransmissions of data in STREAM frames, or retransmissions of STREAM_BLOCKED
+and RST_STREAM frames might arrive after the stream becomes "closed".  At the
+sending endpoint, MAX_STREAM_DATA frames might be received after the stream
+becomes "closed".  Frames received on a "closed" stream SHOULD be discarded.  An
+endpoint MAY choose to limit the period over which it ignores frames and treat
+frames that arrive after this time as being in error.

Perhaps a note on fatal connection error if receiving frames at later offset than close - otherwise a transmitter might abuse flow control limits - though the benefit of that is unclear. Perhaps also a note here stating the both RST_STREAM and FIN defines a specific end offset - even if discussed in more detail in specific frames.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/643#pullrequestreview-45050993