Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Checking frame type encoding? (#2155)
From: ekr <[email-masked]>
To: quicwg/base-drafts <[email-masked]>
Cc: Subscribed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 20:56:20 +0000 (UTC)
List-Id: Notification list for GitHub issues related to the QUIC WG <quic-issues.ietf.org>

```
encoded as a single byte with the value 0x07.  An endpoint MUST treat the
receipt of a frame type that uses a longer encoding than necessary as a
connection error of type PROTOCOL_VIOLATION.
```

Why does this requirement exist? It seems like an odd place to be
picky when we're generally allowing implementations to do unusual
things without requiring checking. To be clear, I'm fine with the
shortest encoding rule, but the must check seems unnecessary
and inconvenient.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2155