Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Output of the discard keys design team (#2673)
From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
To: quicwg/base-drafts <[email-masked]>
Cc: Subscribed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 14:02:31 -0700
List-Id: Notification list for GitHub issues related to the QUIC WG <quic-issues.ietf.org>

DavidSchinazi commented on this pull request.

> +previous handshake messages have not been modified.  Note that the handshake
+does not complete on both endpoints simultaneously, therefore any requirements
+placed on endpoints based on the completion of the handshake are specific to
+the handshake being complete from the perspective of the endpoint in question.
+
+
+### Handshake Confirmed {#handshake-confirmed}
+
+In this document, the TLS handshake is considered confirmed when both of the
+following two conditions are met: the handshake is complete and the endpoint
+has received an acknowledgment for a packet sent with 1-RTT keys.  This second
+condition can be implemented by tracking the lowest packet number sent with
+1-RTT keys, and the highest value of the Largest Acknowledged field in any
+received 1-RTT ACK frame: once the latter is higher than the former, the
+handshake is confirmed.
+

Good catch, fixed

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2673#discussion_r282248353