Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Change error codes from 16-bit to varints (#2680)
From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
To: quicwg/base-drafts <[email-masked]>
Cc: Subscribed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 16:12:02 -0700
List-Id: Notification list for GitHub issues related to the QUIC WG <quic-issues.ietf.org>

martinthomson requested changes on this pull request.

Two relatively important things here.

> @@ -5550,7 +5554,7 @@ The initial contents of this registry are tabulated in {{frame-types}}.
 IANA \[SHALL add/has added] a registry for "QUIC Transport Error Codes" under a
 "QUIC Protocol" heading.
 
-The "QUIC Transport Error Codes" registry governs a 16-bit space.  This space is
+The "QUIC Transport Error Codes" registry governs a 62-bit space.  This space is
 split into two spaces that are governed by different policies.  Values with the

I think that we want to crib from the frame types (or other varint registries) when it comes to policies.  There isn't really a "first byte" any more.

> @@ -5456,7 +5460,7 @@ ID can be selected to route later packets to the same server.
 IANA \[SHALL add/has added] a registry for "QUIC Transport Parameters" under a
 "QUIC Protocol" heading.
 
-The "QUIC Transport Parameters" registry governs a 16-bit space.  This space is

You overdid it here.  It's still 16 for transport parameters.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2680#pullrequestreview-235865595