Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Clarify when the PTO may need to be recomputed and reset (#3665)
From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
To: quicwg/base-drafts <[email-masked]>
Cc: Subscribed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 14:11:28 -0700
List-Id: Notification list for GitHub issues related to the QUIC WG <quic-issues.ietf.org>

@ianswett commented on this pull request.

>  
 When a PTO timer expires, the PTO backoff MUST be increased, resulting in the
-PTO period being set to twice its current value.  The PTO period is set based
-on the latest RTT information after receiving an acknowledgement. The PTO
-backoff is reset upon receiving an acknowledgement unless it's a client unsure
-if the the server has validated the client's address. Not resetting the backoff
-during peer address validation ensures the client's anti-deadlock timer is not
-set too aggressively when the server is slow in responding with handshake data.
+PTO period being set to twice its current value. The PTO backoff is reset upon
+receiving an acknowledgement unless it's a client unsure if the server has

SG, I tried to rework this with your suggestion.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3665#discussion_r427602293