Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] use a HANDSHAKE_DONE frame to drive the handshake to confirmation (#3145)
From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
To: quicwg/base-drafts <[email-masked]>
Cc: Subscribed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 00:04:24 -0800
List-Id: Notification list for GitHub issues related to the QUIC WG <quic-issues.ietf.org>

marten-seemann commented on this pull request.

> @@ -5495,6 +5497,24 @@ Reason Phrase:
   This SHOULD be a UTF-8 encoded string {{!RFC3629}}.

+## HANDSHAKE_DONE frame {#handshake-done-frame}
+
+The server uses the HANDSHAKE_DONE frame (type=0x1e) to signal confirmation of
+the handshake to the client.  The HANDSHAKE_DONE frame contains no additional
+fields.
+
+This frame can only be sent by the server. Servers MUST NOT send a
+HANDSHAKE_DONE frame before completing the handshake.  A server MUST treat
+receipt of a HANDSHAKE_DONE frame as a connection error of type
+PROTOCOL_VIOLATION.
+
+A client MAY treat receipt of an acknowledgment for a packet it sent with 1-RTT
+keys as receipt of a HANDSHAKE_DONE frame.  This can be implemented by recording

Thanks. I applied your suggestion.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3145#discussion_r347240088