Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 01:26:35 -0700 (PDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/ops-drafts (+2/-4/💬15)
  2 issues created:
  - Nits for applicability (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/382 
  - Nits for manageability (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/381 

  7 issues received 15 new comments:
  - #381 Nits for manageability (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/381 
  - #369 Applicability: Two more aspects of setting DSCPs (1 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/369 [-applicability] [check-on-list] 
  - #362 Manageability: Detailed Review Comments - NiTs (3 by gorryfair, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/362 [-manageability] 
  - #358 Manageability: SNI extraction assumes a single CRYPTO frame (4 by DavidSchinazi, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/358 [-manageability] 
  - #352 Clarify coalescing and multiple packets in "The QUIC Handshake" section (2 by ianswett, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/352 [-manageability] 
  - #344 Parsing Initials to get the DCID (2 by britram, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/344 [-manageability] 
  - #330 ACK generation (2 by LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/330 [-applicability] [check-on-list] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Remove text on distinguishing old gQUIC versions https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/351 [-manageability] 
  - Manageability Appendix A.1 is incorrect and should be removed https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/357 [-manageability] 
  - Applicability: Trying to avoid confusion when read in future years https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/367 [-applicability] 
  - Applicability: Add a cross ref to the network part in manageability? https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/issues/368 [-applicability] 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+3/-0/💬5)
  3 issues created:
  - Server resource exhaustion attack with dynamic allocation (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/124 
  - Retry Service SHOULD preserve server ID (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/122 
  - Align stream cipher and block cipher formats (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/121 

  1 issues received 5 new comments:
  - #121 Align stream cipher and block cipher formats (5 by huitema, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/issues/121 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+1/-6/💬5)
  1 issues created:
  - Consider reordering sections (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/47 

  5 issues received 5 new comments:
  - #35 Do we really need to list the full VN content? (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/35 
  - #32 Terminological precision (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/32 
  - #30 Could this use ALPN identifiers instead? (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/30 
  - #20 Current Version or Original Version (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/20 
  - #19 Listing all versions is unnecessary (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/19 

  6 issues closed:
  - Incompatible VN and unaware server https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/40 
  - Do we really need to list the full VN content? https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/35 
  - Terminological precision https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/32 
  - Could this use ALPN identifiers instead? https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/30 
  - Current Version or Original Version https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/20 
  - Listing all versions is unnecessary https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/issues/19 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/ops-drafts (+10/-3/💬9)
  10 pull requests submitted:
  - PR to refer to network-layer management/analysis (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/385 
  - nits from Lars (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/384 
  - Proposed DSCP text for Applications usage (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/383 
  - Note DCID must be extracted from Client Initial (by britram)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/380 
  - More aspects of setting DSCPs (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/379 
  - Fixed as per#362 issue (by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/378 
  - Remove appendix A (gQUIC versions) (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/377 
  - note that DCID change after client initial (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/376 
  - More explanation about the APLN token "h3" (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/375 
  - Nits and smaller editorial changes based on issues (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/374 

  5 pull requests received 9 new comments:
  - #385 PR to refer to network-layer management/analysis (1 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/385 
  - #383 Proposed DSCP text for Applications usage (1 by gloinul)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/383 [-applicability] [check-on-list] 
  - #378 Fixed as per#362 issue (3 by gorryfair, mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/378 
  - #374 Nits and smaller editorial changes based on issues (3 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/374 [-manageability] 
  - #373 Editorial edits based on issues (1 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/373 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Remove appendix A (gQUIC versions)
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/377 
  - Editorial edits based on issues
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/373 
  - rewriting conclusion is repetitive
    https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/348 [ready-to-merge] 

* quicwg/load-balancers (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Simplify format (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers/pull/123 

* quicwg/version-negotiation (+1/-4/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Allow interop with non-supporting endpoints (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/46 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Allow interop with non-supporting endpoints
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/46 
  - Reword language about connections
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/16 
  - Replace bijective with symmetric
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/33 
  - Incorporate MT's design
    https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation/pull/42 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts
* https://github.com/quicwg/datagram
* https://github.com/quicwg/load-balancers
* https://github.com/quicwg/version-negotiation
* https://github.com/quicwg/quic-bit-grease