Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-quic-applicability-16: (with COMMENT)

Lars Eggert via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 19 April 2022 17:24 UTC

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-quic-applicability@ietf.org, quic-chairs@ietf.org, quic@ietf.org, matt.joras@gmail.com, matt.joras@gmail.com
Subject: Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-quic-applicability-16: (with COMMENT)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 10:24:34 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-quic-applicability-16: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-applicability/

COMMENT:

The datatracker state does not indicate whether the consensus boilerplate
should be included in this document.

Thanks to Maria Ines Robles for their General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) review
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/gen-art/869_aZXxcQCMeZGDSfN-E1JyjrU).

All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Section 14, paragraph 1, nit:
-    QUIC version 1 does not specify a version negotation mechanism in the
+    QUIC version 1 does not specify a version negotiation mechanism in the
+                                                   +

Document references draft-ietf-quic-datagram, but that has been published as
RFC9221.

Document references draft-ietf-quic-manageability-15, but -16 is the latest
available revision.

Reference [RFC5077] to RFC5077, which was obsoleted by RFC8446 (this may be on
purpose).

Paragraph 1938, nit:
> ols needs to be avoided. In general, a application that implements fallback
>                                      ^
Use "an" instead of "a" if the following word starts with a vowel sound, e.g.
"an article", "an hour".

Paragraph 2371, nit:
> lishment is qualitatively different than one that does not from the point of
>                                     ^^^^
Did you mean "different from"? "Different than" is often considered colloquial
style.

Paragraph 5804, nit:
>  opened and closed they are consumed and the cumulative total is incremented
>                                     ^^^^
Use a comma before "and" if it connects two independent clauses (unless they
are closely connected and short).

Paragraph 5822, nit:
> increased using the MAX_STREAMS frame but there is no mechanism to reduce lim
>                                      ^^^^
Use a comma before "but" if it connects two independent clauses (unless they
are closely connected and short).

Paragraph 6727, nit:
> e an error code space that is independent from QUIC or other applications (s
The usual collocation for "independent" is "of", not "from". Did you mean
"independent of"?

Paragraph 10802, nit:
> nd using QUIC. Further, migration to an new address exposes a linkage between
>                                      ^^
Use "a" instead of "an" if the following word doesn't start with a vowel sound,
e.g. "a sentence", "a university".