Re: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-quic-manageability-14

"Brian Trammell (IETF)" <ietf@trammell.ch> Tue, 05 April 2022 11:05 UTC

From: "Brian Trammell (IETF)" <ietf@trammell.ch>
Subject: Re: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-quic-manageability-14
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 13:04:46 +0200
Cc: Lucas Pardue <lucaspardue.24.7@gmail.com>, Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>, "ops-dir@ietf.org" <ops-dir@ietf.org>, Paul Vixie <paul@redbarn.org>, "last-call@ietf.org" <last-call@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-quic-manageability.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-quic-manageability.all@ietf.org>, Mirja Kuehlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@ericsson.com>, QUIC WG <quic@ietf.org>
To: "MORTON JR., AL" <acmorton@att.com>
References: <CH0PR02MB7980CA04E5EADBF6D25AD8F2D3319@CH0PR02MB7980.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <D82872C2-4C79-45AB-92F1-9F27B324ADE0@ericsson.com> <CH0PR02MB79803C4AF8ED0F28A5F81D30D3009@CH0PR02MB7980.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <5224BCAC-B8EC-4150-B3B1-5735056BC54C@ericsson.com> <CH0PR02MB798003A25A1C96D02F1FE525D3069@CH0PR02MB7980.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <346C0025-B1CB-4CAF-BB23-A7E09D79E9B5@ericsson.com> <DM8PR02MB7973BBE35F26700D004BF9A3D3119@DM8PR02MB7973.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <670E06D4-8C0B-412B-A0C1-814F0F8D980D@trammell.ch> <e5abd4f8-bfa1-bdab-ec77-2060d9b207a6@redbarn.org> <CH0PR02MB7980E7C0764969352B2B9A2AD3179@CH0PR02MB7980.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <351D6AC8-0E24-420D-9735-1C07001C7286@trammell.ch> <b88d11d2-299b-9cca-e74a-b5be91c81f32@erg.abdn.ac.uk> <CH0PR02MB798083F49E409E4F932FFFD8D3189@CH0PR02MB7980.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <CALGR9obxHyUveJk92GE5DN422tGRiqqCd1sJAtjEOesM2ZWwGw@mail.gmail.com> <CH0PR02MB79809DE1C15FADCDD4532D1BD31A9@CH0PR02MB7980.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <CALGR9oZoBwPZQUPknJxszarLSxwO7zVzQmATj-YwjJfDW0h2_g@mail.gmail.com> <CH0PR02MB7980F83EDF44C427DC892EACD31D9@CH0PR02MB7980.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>

Hi Al, Lucas, all,

I think I’ve distilled down this thread into two PRs: https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/466 <https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/466> on “recommendation” language generally, and https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/467 <https://github.com/quicwg/ops-drafts/pull/467> rephrasing recommendations not to switch on version into an analysis of the tradeoffs (thanks Lucas for your help with these!). Please have a look and let me know whether those resolve this discussion.

Thanks, cheers,

Brian