Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-piraux-quic-additional-addresses-00.txt

From: Maxime Piraux <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 17:29:52 +0200

Hello QUIC wg,

We have submitted a document proposing a new QUIC Transport Parameter 
for servers to announce additional addresses that can be used in a QUIC 
connection.

The proposed mechanism addresses scenarios in which dual-stack and 
multihomed servers would like to advertise several server addresses so 
that clients can use them to cope with the loss of an address family and 
a provider failure. When Multipath QUIC is used over the connection, 
this extension can also be used to advertise addresses towards which 
additional paths can be established.

The transport parameter is complementary to the use of Preferred Address 
and this point is also discussed in the document. We hope the document 
will spark interesting discussions and welcome any feedback.

Maxime Piraux

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : 	New Version Notification for 
draft-piraux-quic-additional-addresses-00.txt
Date : 	Fri, 14 Oct 2022 04:55:31 -0700
De : 	[email-masked]
Pour : 	Maxime Piraux <[email-masked]>, Olivier Bonaventure 
<[email-masked]>, Olivier Bonaventure 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-piraux-quic-additional-addresses-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Maxime Piraux and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-piraux-quic-additional-addresses
Revision: 00
Title: Additional addresses for QUIC
Document date: 2022-10-14
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 7
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-piraux-quic-additional-addresses-00.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-piraux-quic-additional-addresses/
Html: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-piraux-quic-additional-addresses-00.html
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-piraux-quic-additional-addresses

Abstract:
This document specifies a QUIC Transport Parameter enabling a QUIC
server to advertise additional addresses that can be used for a QUIC
connection.

The IETF Secretariat