Re: [radext] Mirja Kühlewind's Discuss on draft-ietf-radext-ip-port-radius-ext-11: (with DISCUSS)

Mirja Kühlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net> Wed, 12 October 2016 13:54 UTC

To: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
From: Mirja Kühlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 15:54:41 +0200
Cc: "draft-ietf-radext-ip-port-radius-ext@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-radext-ip-port-radius-ext@ietf.org>, "radext@ietf.org" <radext@ietf.org>, "radext-chairs@ietf.org" <radext-chairs@ietf.org>, MORAND Lionel IMT/OLN <lionel.morand@orange.com>
Subject: Re: [radext] Mirja Kühlewind's Discuss on draft-ietf-radext-ip-port-radius-ext-11: (with DISCUSS)

Hi Mohamed,

thanks for these changes. Using the IANA protocol number seems to be the
right thing to do!

One tiny additional question/comment: the term "IP port" or "IP transport
port" seems a little weird (because ports are in the transport header and not
in the IP header). Is it important to use this term to indicate that it's IP
underneath or could you simply speak about "transport ports" instead?

Thanks!
Mirja