Re: digest-auth surgery in Dallas

"Bernard Aboba" <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com> Tue, 11 April 2006 06:42 UTC

From: Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>
To: radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Bcc:
Subject: Re: digest-auth surgery in Dallas
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:42:46 -0700

So far, no objections have been voiced to removal of the client nonce
generation mode in the RADIUS Digest Authentication document.  If we do not
hear anything by Friday, April 14, we will declare WG consensus on this
issue and remove the related text.

Hi,

during the RADEXT meeting in Dallas, we came to the conclusion that removing
the client nonce generation mode would solve most - if not all - of
the remaining issues with draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth.

Miguel would have to remove the relating parts from his Diameter draft
as well (sorry).

Anybody objecting to this proposal should speak up >>now<< and suggest how
to address the issues as outlined in
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06mar/slides/radext-0.pdf

Wolfgang

--