[radext] I-D Action: draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-06.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Wed, 01 April 2015 17:20 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 10:20:16 -0700
Cc: radext@ietf.org
Subject: [radext] I-D Action: draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-06.txt

 This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Data Types in the Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service Protocol (RADIUS)
        Author          : Alan DeKok
	Filename        : draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-06.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2015-04-01

Abstract:
   RADIUS specifications have used data types for two decades without
   defining them as managed entities.  During this time, RADIUS
   implementations have named the data types, and have used them in
   attribute definitions.  This document updates the specifications to
   better follow established practice.  We do this by naming the data
   types defined in RFC 6158, which have been used since at least RFC
   2865.  We provide an IANA registry for the data types, and update the
   RADIUS Attribute Type registry to include a "Data Type" field for
   each attribute.  Finally, we recommend that authors of RADIUS
   specifications use these types in preference to existing practice.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dekok-radext-datatypes/

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-06

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-06

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/