RE: Issue: draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth-06.txt Digest MD5-sess

"Avi Lior" <avi@bridgewatersystems.com> Thu, 05 January 2006 22:28 UTC

Subject: RE: Issue: draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth-06.txt Digest MD5-sess
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:28:28 -0500
From: Avi Lior <avi@bridgewatersystems.com>
To: Alan DeKok <aland@ox.org>, radiusext@ops.ietf.org

See inline:

Lets not get dogmatic here.  At the RADIUS level perhaps this is true
but certainly there are scenarios where once the NAS has received a
positive repsonse, the NAS can continue to authenticate without relying
on RADIUS.

So one example is in Mobile IP.  Once the HA has validated the
Registration Request or Binding Update with RADIUS.  It can continue to
authentication subsequent bind request or Registration Request received
from that user. This is only limited by a lifetime received from the AAA
server.

I can give you more examples if you want.