[RAM] RAM list is closing

Dow Street <dow.street@linquest.com> Thu, 10 July 2008 10:30 UTC

From: Dow Street <dow.street@linquest.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:30:58 -0400
To: ram@ietf.org
Subject: [RAM] RAM list is closing
Sender: ram-bounces@ietf.org

Dear RAM list participants,

Last year a decision was made to move the discussion of new routing
and addressing architectures from the RAM mailing list to the RRG
mailing list.  At that point, the RAM list entered something of a
dormant phase, with its ongoing utility to be evaluated over time.
Lixia's email below provides additional background.

Based on the very low level of list activity since then, the IAB has
determined that the RAM list is no longer needed and intends to close
the list in the near future.  List participants are directed to the
RRG mailing list for any follow-on discussions of new routing and
addressing architectures.  The architecture-discuss list is also
available for related architecture topics that fall outside of RRG
scope.  Information about architecture-discuss can be found at
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss

The IAB intends to maintain a publicly accessible archive for RAM.

for the IAB,

Dow Street
IAB Exec Dir