Re: [Rats] Early feedback for draft-tschofenig-rats-aiss-token

Laurence Lundblade <lgl@island-resort.com> Sat, 30 April 2022 00:39 UTC

From: Laurence Lundblade <lgl@island-resort.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 18:39:30 -0600
Cc: draft-tschofenig-rats-aiss-token@ietf.org, "rats@ietf.org" <rats@ietf.org>
To: Henk Birkholz <henk.birkholz@sit.fraunhofer.de>
Subject: Re: [Rats] Early feedback for draft-tschofenig-rats-aiss-token

My read of this doc is that it is a definition of token format like an EAT, that borrows some claims from EAT, but is not an EAT.

If it was an EAT, or a profile of an EAT, it would say so up front explicitly.

Since it’s not an EAT, you can’t rely on what’s generally defined in EAT. For example, you’ll have to write your own security considerations, say if/how additional claims are registered, say what the relationship to CWT is and such.

LL