[Rats] 答复: Use case -> architecture document

"Xialiang (Frank, Network Standard & Patent Dept)" <frank.xialiang@huawei.com> Wed, 09 October 2019 10:53 UTC

From: "Xialiang (Frank, Network Standard & Patent Dept)" <frank.xialiang@huawei.com>
To: Kathleen Moriarty <kathleen.moriarty.ietf@gmail.com>
CC: "rats@ietf.org" <rats@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2019 10:53:40 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.134.159.76]
Subject: [Rats] 答复: Use case -> architecture document

Hi Kathleen,

I am very concerned with this new direction and I strongly object.

Current architecture draft goes through a lot discussions and reaches many consensus. Right now, it really helps IETF (Teep for example), FIDO, TCG and many others. The only issues are on readability, the standards track and the completeness (e.g., passport and background check are still missing). It is an very good document and correct terminology is very important for remote attestation.

About use cases document, Its goal is just to clarify a sample list of scenarios that remote attestation can apply to and then deduce the requirements and the following concrete protocol drafts. It is not fit to be an architecture.

The current architecture is too important for telecom and network equipment vendors and service providers. I have strong doubts that current EAT and OTrPv2 alone is suitable for the (virtualized) network infrastructure situation.

B.R.

Frank