[Rats] Draft minutes from the 01/16/2019 meeting

Roman Danyliw <rdd@cert.org> Thu, 17 January 2019 14:01 UTC

From: Roman Danyliw <rdd@cert.org>
To: "rats@ietf.org" <rats@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 14:01:10 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.64.22.6]
Subject: [Rats] Draft minutes from the 01/16/2019 meeting

Hello RATS!

Draft minutes from the 01/16/2019 virtual meeting can be found below.  If you have any revisions, please send it to the chairs.

Regards,
Roman and Nancy

--[ snip ]--
RATS Virtual Meeting Notes
January 16, 2019

BLUF
====
** There was consensus on charter text that:
   -- includes work items #1 - 4
   -- removes work item #5 (and related references in the Goal and Introduction)
   -- remove references to roots of trust

** The co-chairs have the actions to:
   -- publish the agreed upon charter text from this meeting
   -- solicit feedback from the mailing list on this charter language
   -- ensure there is a RATS meeting as another BoF or WG at IETF 104

Attendees
=========
** Nancy Cam-Winget (co-chair)
** Roman Danyliw (co-chair)
** Ben Kaduk (responsible AD)
** Henk Birkholz
** Carsten Bormann
** Ira McDonald
** Michael Richardson
** Giri Mandyam
** Daniel Smith
** Ned Smith
** Hannes Tschofenig
** Eric Voit
** Carl Wallace

Agenda Item #1: Chairs' view of status
Slides: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/rats/-rq_gQq2LNTeofG55xH_wPSB1_I/3

The co-chairs summarize the outcomes from the IETF 103 BOF and from discussions on the mailing list.  It appeared to the chairs that there was consensus around charter work items #1 - 4 from the mailing list, but not work item #5.  These observations facilitated a conversation about the scope of the work.

o Per slide #5 (diversity of viewpoints):

Q: (Roman Danyliw) Did we miss other scopes per the group discussions?